Type of website: Ecommerce
Effective date: February 1, 2022
www.GetaHobby.net (the "Site") is owned and operated by 3CSons Hobbies LLC dba Get A Hobby. Get A Hobby can be contacted at:
- The personal data we collect;
- How we collect personal data;
- How we use collected data;
- Who has access to the data collected;
- The rights of Site users; and
Personal Data We Collect
Data We Collect Automatically
When you visit and use our Site, we may automatically collect and store the following information:
- IP address
- Clicked links
- Content viewed
- Items left in cart
Data We Collect in a Non-Automatic Way
We may also collect the following data when you perform certain functions on our Site:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Payment information
- Your account preferences
- Acknowledgment that we can contact you by email
- Information you publish to our Site such as product reviews
This data may be collected when you create an account, subscribe to a newsletter, ask us a question using the help function, email us or contact us through chat.
How We Use Your Personal Data
- Your data is directly used to process incoming orders and product returns as well as associated payment transactions.
- We also use your data to market product or services to you as well as communicate other information about both our online store and our brick-and-mortar store.
- We may use your data to run contests or sweepstakes or gather information about the use of our Site.
- We use your personal data to communicate with you, including emailing, you unless you opt-out.
- We may use your data to investigate or enforce this and other policies or defend our interests.
Who We Share Personal Data With
We will not sell or share your data with other third parties, except in the following cases:
- To third-party providers, such as our email marketing support, to support our own provision of products and services;
- If the law requires it;
- If it is required for any legal proceeding;
- To prove or protect our legal rights; and/or
- To buyers or potential buyers of our company, subject to applicable confidentiality requirements, in the event that we seek to sell the company
Our Site has links to various manufacturers, hobby related organizations and social media sites like Facebook and Instagram. If you follow hyperlinks from our Site to another site, please note that we are not responsible for and have no control over their privacy policies and practices.
How Long We Store Personal Data
We retain your data subject to a number of requirements including to process orders and to comply with tax and regulatory requirements. Generally, tax law requires that we retain most documentation for 3-5 years. Our system does not delete information, but instead your account information may be archived if you become no longer active. In the event that Get A Hobby would cease to exist, your information would only be retained as required law.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
While we take all reasonable precautions to ensure that user data is secure and that users are protected, there always remains the risk of harm. The Internet, in general, can be insecure at times and, therefore, we are unable to guarantee the security of user data beyond what is reasonably practical.
International Data Transfers
Lightspeed currently provides the infrastructure for our website. We have no control over their infrastructure. Lightspeed is headquartered in Canada.
We do not knowingly collect or use personal data from children under 13 years of age without the permission of the child’s parent or legal guardian. This data primarily consists of first and last name and date of birth and is used in our store for release agreements which is required to be signed by both the minor (anyone under 18 years of age) as well as the parent or legal guardian to use our in-store racetrack. If we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under 13 years of age without consent, the personal data will be deleted as soon as possible. If a child under 13 years of age has provided us with personal data, their parent or guardian may contact our privacy officer.
How to Access, Modify, Delete, or Challenge the Data Collected
If you would like to know if we have collected your personal data, how we have used your personal data, if we have disclosed your personal data and to who we disclosed your personal data, or if you would like your data to be deleted or modified in any way, please contact our privacy officer here:
575 Morgantown Rd, Ste 942
Uniontown, PA 15401
Do Not Track Notice
Do Not Track ("DNT") is a privacy preference that you can set in certain web browsers. We do not track the users of our Site over time and across third party websites and therefore do not respond to browser initiated DNT signals.
How to Opt-Out of Data Collection, Use or Disclosure
In addition to the method(s) described in the How to Access, Modify, Delete, or Challenge the Data Collected section, you can opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing emails. You can opt-out by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of any marketing email or updating the preferences in your account.
A cookie is a small file, stored on a user's hard drive by a website. Its purpose is to collect data relating to the user's browsing habits. You can choose to be notified each time a cookie is transmitted. You can also choose to disable cookies entirely in your internet browser, but this may decrease the quality of your user experience.
We use the following types of cookies on our Site:
- Functional cookies are used to remember the selections you make on our Site so that your selections are saved for your next visits;
- Analytical cookies allow us to improve the design and functionality of our Site by collecting data on how you access our Site, for example data on the content you access, how long you stay on our Site, etc; and
- Third-party cookies are created by a website other than ours. We may use third-party cookies to monitory user preferences.